Overview: Ordinary Nicaraguans in urban and rural settings will open their homes to us. Expert analysts provided by Witness for Peace and Matagalpa Tours will introduce U.S.-Nicaraguan political history and current economic relations. Resilient leaders share their vision and hope for the future. Reflect together on what such experience calls North Americans to do.
What to expect:
- Orientation to Witness for Peace and Matagalpa Tours
- Socio-economic Contrast Tour of Managua
- Experts on history, economics, sociology, politics, trade, gender and Fair Trade coffee market
- Home-stay in an organized rural community
- Visit cooperatives organizing for food sovereignty
- Urban home stay in Managua
- Travel to Jinotega where a farmers’ association will introduce its microfinance work among rural women
- Christian prayer and fellowship
- Wrap-up reflection time in a beautiful Laguna setting
Cost: $875 per person, plus airfare. Fee covers all meals, lodging, interpreters, speakers and transportation inside Nicaragua. A $150 deposit will be required upon application acceptance; the remainder will be due October 20th. A reading list and prior orientation will be available. Advocacy resources and training provided upon return. Detailed itinerary is available. Other travel options (including language study) available before and after dates of delegation.
Delegation Coordinators: Colette Cosner, Regional Organizer, Witness for Peace Northwest firstname.lastname@example.org 206.250.2680
Neal Sullins, member, Saint Mark’s Cathedral email@example.com 206.448.4627
For more information and/or to sign up today, please contact Neal or Colette!